Deployment Tracking with LogDNA Live Streaming Tail
You've deployed a new feature into production. You've done your unit testing, fixed lots of bugs, your code is awesome. Now it's time for hundreds/thousands/millions of users to break...err...use your feature.You're diligent about track usage in real-time and get customer feedback when something goes wrong. You track the performance and response time impacts on the server.All is good...except...that feature isn't quite working for a specific group of users. Now what?With LogDNA, you can monitor for stack traces and exceptions in real time. In your browser, you can tail -f like a boss and see real-time logs from all your app sources, Nginx, and Redis. Since you can combine data from multiple sources and see related events, you can do a thorough root cause analysis and surface hard-to-find bugs.
To track your new feature in LogDNA's dashboard, you can either watch the error happen in real time, go back in time to when you deployed or jump directly to an error that happened in the last hour.
Here are some examples of how to use LogDNA's powerful search:
- Find lines that contain "403 Forbidden" and "login".
Search: "403 Forbidden" login
- Find lines that contain "ClassCastException" or "NullPointerException".
Search: ClassCastException OR NullPointerException
- Exclude lines where the field LEVEL is "info" starting from 2 hours ago.
Search: -level:info Timeframe: 2 hours ago
- Find lines that contain "'str' object" but does not contain "TypeError" starting from last friday 10am.
Search: "'str' object" -TypeError Timeframe: last friday 10amHere's other examples of what you can put in the timeframe: an hour ago, 5:42am, yesterday 1pm, 2/24 2:30pm
Now that you've zeroed in on the problem, you can always set your query up as a view and set up alerts to notify you if this ever happens again.
When you use LogDNA's Live Streaming Tail, you're getting
- A real-time stream thats updated as soon as LogDNA receives new log data
- A single view of data from multiple sources
- To focus on important data with powerful searching, filtering, highlighting capabilities
Let us know what you've been doing to surface those hard to find bug in production today. It only takes minutes to see your live streaming log, get started with LogDNA now.